In need of a breakthrough, a creative insight, progress?
In today's episode, we discuss the brainscience behind stimulating those 'eureka' moments:
There are a lot of moments in our lives that we really need to get out of the rut we're stuck in.
Many of you asked – how do I get a breakthrough? This is a great question – we all know the feeling of not being able to find the solution to something when we want it or having a creative block of some kind. In fact, audience members often come to me and ask – why, when I was driving, sleeping, or in the shower did the long-awaited, frustrating answer come, but not when I needed it while sitting at my desk all day?!
The answer lies with your subconscious brain: when you are finally able to calm your conscious brain, you can begin to 'listen' to your subconscious.
In today's episode - the brainscience behind breakthroughs, we cover:
PART 1: The Power of the Subconscious Brain 00:49
- Conscious versus subconscious brain
- Magnitude of subconscious
- Like ‘listening for your phone to ring in a busy party’
- The subconscious is hard to 'hear' if you’re having another conversation (even with yourself)
PART 2: Accessing Your Subconscious for Breakthroughs 01:53
- The power of daydreaming & drifting
- Talked about this in another video
- Daydreaming is like it sounds – a mini daytime dream-state which allows you to rewire, assimilate, reassemble, rejuvenate
- Many organizations have proof-positive that Daydreaming is uber powerful for being creative and having those ‘eureka' or 'AHA moments’
- Sometimes what I call this is ‘UNFOCUSING to FOCUS’ – the idea that letting your mind wander helps:
- Too much pressure to focus, find, solution, create backfire
- Stress & high emotions will over-ride our ability to properly ‘listen to our subconscious’ – new ideas can’t surface because we’re already overloaded emotionally/psychologically
- The creative process is a process – it requires rewiring, assimilation of new information into neural networks, ideas to percolate in your subconscious, proformas to be weighed out, scenario analysis etc.
- Be patient with yourself! Rome wasn’t built in a day 04:48
Watch, Subscribe & Enjoy! www.youtube.com/DrBrynn
#brainscience #breakthroughs #productivity #motivation #productivitytips #drbrynn #work #worklife #career #neuroscience #brainboosters